Thursday, November 20, 2008

Abigail's 9th Birthday

We had so much fun for Abigail's birthday....for some reason I had a lot of emotional energy and agreed to a dress-up Halloween party sleep over! She had a great time...Wow was I tired the next day!! My spider web-infested dining room and family room

Green punch with gummy worm ice cubes





These were jello jigglers pumpkins gone wrong..so I just scraped the jello off the pans in clumps...I think it served the purpose well...of looking gross!

Because one cake is never enough....
I went to about 6-7 stores looking for black lace licorice...I could not find any anywhere!! So oh well, the spiders have red legs!


The group while still in costume!
Making Halloween picture frames


Bobbing for apples...they are such girls, they kept holding each other's hair back :) Then when this was all done they wanted to dip their whole heads in the bucket and get soaked, and then run around screaming!




I don't have a picture, but after the apple bobbing, we played the game where you put your hand inside a box and feel a food that is described as body parts, and then try to guess what food it is.....like a bunch of cold spaghetti is guts, olives are eyes...etc. We played in the dark so the girls couldn't see what was in the box. It was hysterical, some were so giggly and excited, and others were so freaked out that they would even touch it at all, and kept screaming!
Happy Birthday to you, Abigail!! xoxo






The toilet paper "mummy" fashion show

When it was all done they tore up the toilet paper and made a huge fun mess...what I didn't realize is how much "dust" ripped up toilet paper creates! I dusted for days trying to get the room clean!
Abigail, before her friend party, having a family birthday party....and very excited about Hannah's gift!



2 comments:

  1. Okay Jennifer.... you get the super mom of the year award!!! What an amazing party. Did all of those girls spend the night??? Looks like a ton of fun :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, believe it not, they all spent the night...I thought some wouldn't be able to...but they all were allowed :) I had them all sleep in the living room and they took up the whole floor. I warned them if they didn't go to sleep I would be very grouchy!!! And don't give me too much credit, this is the first birthday Abigail has had at home in years!!!

    ReplyDelete