Monday, June 21, 2010

Days 5: Napa Valley

Another area I have always wanted to visit in CA is the Napa Valley. Whenever people tell me about their vacation to that area I have beautiful romantic pictures of what it must be like...well...it isn't quite as romantic as I pictured it, but it is very beautiful!

To start the day off we told the girls we has a suprise for them! We took them to the Jelly Belly factory and did their free tour. I knew they would be bored at the wineries, so I thought this might help their attitudes :) It was fun for them and vaugly interesting for us... a been there, done that, kind of thing......

We started off in Napa at a cute little bakery called Sweetie Pies, where we had lunch. Then we went and saw a few wineries. I must admit I am mostly into this for the achitecture and photo ops...I am not a huge wine drinker. But somehow wine always tastes better to me at a winery :) There are wineries all up and down the main roads in the Napa and Sonoma Valley....you could spend days here tasting wine.

The wineries we went to the first day were: Darioush (looks like a persian castle), Domaine Chandon (beautiful grounds, not much else), Mondavi (here we decided to do a tour...since it was inexpensive!) The tour guide was very relaxed, and since it was the end of the day, he took us on a longer tour. We got to see all the barrels at each of the stages, and taste a couple wines.

Spent the night in Vallejo, everything in Napa area was WAY too expensive!





Me letting Abigail hang her head out the window for the sake of a photo! I got teased that I allow many things for the sake of photography :)

Darioush


Mondavi




No comments:

Post a Comment