Sunday, October 19, 2008

The Nice farmers market

As you can probably tell I absolutely love markets, and this one in Nice was my favorite by far!! It was not just for tourists, but rather there were locals purchasing their food... and that was so great to be part of. The market had some of the most beautiful fruits and vegetables I have ever seen; I wished I could have purchased them and brought them home.




Beautiful ceramics for olive oil and garlic

Little Marzipan guys :)


Baskets of beautiful spices!



Vegetables



Soaps!


Salts from all over the world...I wish I would have purchased some of these, but I would have no idea how to put them to good use!
Licorice candies

Piles of mushrooms and sun dried tomatoes


Candied fruits

More and more spices...




Flowers and small citrus trees

At the end of the market was this steep staircase to the top of the hill where there is a park and a castle...David and I walked up to the entrance and looked at each other.."Do you really want to go see it?" I asked. "No"... I breathed a sigh of relief...I think we were both "castled out" and didn't feel like making any effort to see something that would be the same as so many other things we had already seen. I think it was a sign we were ready to go home!



1 comment:

  1. That farmers market looks amazing!! I would love to wander around that for hours. :) Oh, and at first I thought you meant the nice (adjective) farmers market. Then I figured out you meant Nice, as in France. Oops. :)

    ReplyDelete