Thursday, September 23, 2010

Anniversaries and Injuries

Ugg, so our 18th anniversary was Aug 22nd. The kids were away at a friend's house and we had a nice weekend planned. Spending the day together, going out to a nice dinner and staying at a hotel in Fountain Hills. Well....David has been coaching a soccer camp and this was his last day....he walks in the house dripping with sweat and looking like someone ran him over, and announces "I think I did something really stupid, and I can't move"

That something "stupid" was showing the kids a bicycle kick and he landed on his upper back, neck and shoulders and couldn't move...guess he hadn't thought that one through..hmmm -"I am forty and already have 2 shoulder injuries" didn't cross his mind (do men ever grow up?).

So there he is standing in our bathroom and can't move his upper body. We promptly went to urgent care, hoping nothing was broken. After many hours of mostly waiting, and xrays and poking and prodding, we were told he had nothing broken and nothing dislocated, just a very inflamed back, neck and shoulders and got some potent painkillers.

Thank goodness it was nothing more than that! It made for an interesting weekend. We still made it to dinner and to the hotel... but he kind of walked like Frankenstein, which would have been humorous if he wasn't in so much pain.

I have to admit I wasn't very happy, given he couldn't lift anything for a couple weeks and we were moving...but he gradually got motion back and was able to help on moving day. That would have been good, him ordering around our friends to move our crap...haha....

I think he is finally starting to admit he is growing old....:(


View from our balcony


View from restaurant


My yummy brie cheese in phyllo appetizer....


hmmm...where is my husband...? haha...no pix together this year...I guess we have not only gotten old, but lazy ;)

2 comments:

  1. Jennifer! You look awesome! I love the bright pink on you! So glad to hear Dave is doing ok, and that you still got to celebrate your anniversary. 18 years is somethin' to celebrate! :)

    ReplyDelete